MSI Afterburner is a graphic tool developed by GPU manufacturer MSI, which has helped the consumer make the most of their graphics card through supported overclocking features. This fun little software also offers a host of helpful tracking, troubleshooting, and editing capabilities. Here we are going to show you how to use MSI afterburner.
How does MSI Afterburner deliver precisely, and how can one access and take full advantage of the utility? We have covered for you.
What Does MSI Afterburner Do?
We need to split its features into overclocking, tracking, benchmarking, and vidéo capture to understand what MSI afterburner holds under the hood.
Overclocking can be a wonderful, potentially catastrophic job. But, by offering precise configuration to optimize your GPU’s capabilities while preventing permanent hardware harm, MSI Afterburner simplifies the operation.
A multitude of GPU settings includes core voltage, power limit, temperature limit, clock core speed, memory clock speed, and the fan speed may be adjusted by the utility. The aim is to strike a balance between efficiency and ability through this variety of choices.
The latest version for MSI Afterburner includes OC Scanner, a device that utilizes Nvidia’s own algorithm for scanning some of the newest RTX 20 series models and determining the maximum and most reliable overclocking settings, for making it easier to perform instantly.
Likewise, Afterburner also has a custom fan profile or a user-defined, tailor-made fan speed curve to increase or lower the fan speed based on the GPU temperature. By using this feature, users can push their GPU safely, since they know that fans get up their pace to dissipate heat when it reaches uneasily high temperatures.
You can also save fan profiles with a set of defined parameters, depending on your game or your performance criteria, along with the fan profiles. You can move quickly.
With the above-mentioned overclocking characteristics, you can tweak parameters, but the utilities include real-time hardware data, including GPU temperature, core and memory clock speed, voltage, FPS and consumption percentage by using a range of graphs and a large on-screen display that allows you to track the impacts of any overclocking tweaks where it is important: in-game.
The on-screen display uses a RivaTuner Statistics Server add-on utility, which can also be used to set a frame limit for a given game and is especially useful for those who have low to medium rated GPUs.
MSI Afterburner contains an MSI Kombustor benchmarking tool, which is a fairly typical GPU stress test system that tests stability and thermal efficiency. This will provide comprehensive details on any changes made in conjunction with overclocking apps and how they impact overall performance. It can support OpenGL and DirectX.
MSI Afterburner uses a Predator adds up the program to capture content, including WMV and AVI, using H.264 codecs, with a variety of choices, such as compression levels, framerate maximum, quality and up to 1080p resolution.
A flexible graphics tuning tool MSI Afterburner is compatible with all GPUs regardless of whether it be Nvidia or AMD, and card manufacturers (MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, etc.). The software can be used just as best as possible with the Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 with the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080.
Cross-branding is a change from related overclocking devices (such as EVGA precision X1 or AMD Overdrive) that only have GPUs and AMD GPUs in the RTX and GTX series. We can also download and use MSI Afterburner for free of charge as the leading graphics utility for 100 percent.
MSI Afterburner Download
- Visit MSI Afterburner website
- Download afterburner from the bottom of the page. You can pick up the afterburner app for your phone
- When the download completes. Unzip the afterburner zip file
- Open the executable file and follow the process of installation. Make sure to install combustor when prompted
- Run MSI Afterburner and once it opens, Click the cogwheel “settings” button
- Adjust the skin to “Default MSI Afterburner skin” under the “User Interface” tab as it offers a more straightforward and uncluttered look that lets you access the feature when you’re used to it. In addition, other skins are known to randomly delete sliders that can’t be swept.
- Click on “Unlock Voltage Control” and also on “Unlock Voltage Monitoring” under the general tab
- If you run multiple GPUs, visit the “General” tab, pick the GPU from the “Master Graphics Processor Selection” dropdown menu that you want to overclock or track.
- You may also adjust a number of startup settings, compatibility choices, AMD unique properties, etc. During this process. The default is mostly suitable for most users.
How To Run Benchmarks In MSI Kombustor?
The first step before you start the overclocking process is to set specifications to establish the upper limits of your system. They direct the degree to which the device can be moved in safe limits.
- If you are using the default skin, click the K icon in the top-left side of the Afterburner window, usually next to the GPU name and driver version.
- The benchmark stress check begins immediately. MSI Kombustor.
- To learn how your card operates in default factory settings without overclocking, you control the GSU temperature, FPS, and GPU load.
- We suggest that we integrate knowledge across the Internet on what other users have accomplished with overclocking in addition to running this simple test. Doing so, you should have an idea of how far you should move your specific GPU to ensure that the card and device stay secure and not reach a maximum ceiling.
How To Overclock Using MSI Afterburner?
If you wonder whether you move the GPU too far, stop immediately and seek advice from experts before you start.
Afterburner overclocking in MSI follows the traditional technique of overclocking and checking to reach the best feasible, consistent settings. Always remember to press “Send” after any adjustments with MSI Afterburner.
Initial Steps of Download
- To get started, set the maximum sliders “Power Limit” and “Temp Limit.” In such environments, the GPU is more efficient and reaches higher temperatures than it would be outside the box (the GPU can never exceed the upper limit unless the hardware is extreme, so don’t be surprised if the slider’s max temperature appears extremely high). These parameters are specified by card makers who are considered safe and risk-free by card makers to harm the GPU.
- Enhance the slider with a small increase in the central clock. Each unit is equal to one MHz above or below the speed of your stock clock, according to whether you slide up or down. Jumps of approximately 20 to 30 MHz. Please note that after the clock speed increases, hit.
- Kombustor runs in the background for any increase and examines all objects, flickering glitches, black blasts, or crashes. Enable for every shift a few minutes of monitoring.
Last Steps of Download
- When you experience a large number of graphic problems, the clock speed stops increasing. Don’t worry about odd behavior; it’s a way that the GPU will inform you its full potential has been reached. The GPU driver will be reset to crashes and black screens so that you can reverse clock speed a few seconds after that.
- Lower the core clock speed by about 5 MHz before all the artifacts/graphics problems are lost, Kombustor stable. In the sense of a challenging game, we also suggest checking for improvements. Simply clean up the settings to unleash the GPU and make it hard to stress adjustments in the parameter. Adjust the clock speed if you have issues.
- Next, we’ll apply the same stress check to the speed of the memory clock, but with larger increments. We suggest between 50 and 100 MHz wherever you wish.
- Upon finding persistent graphical problems in Kombustor. Rising the speed of the memory clock in small increments until you reach a stable rate. Even check in-game.
- We want to check the latest core clock speeds and memory clock over a sustained time from here. Fire up Kombustor and make it run for a good 10 minutes, searching for objects, crashes, and crashes. Reduce the speeds in small increments before you get a harmonious combination of both.
- Remember to save the settings as a profile by clicking on the disk icon. Then one of the 1-5 profile keys, until you’re satisfied with the overall stability.
Enabling The On-Screen Display in MSI Afterburner?
- Go back to the Settings window and press the “Monitor” tab.
- Choose the details that you want to display in OSD under “Active hardware monitoring graphs” by clicking on the descriptive name and then setting “Properties” to “in OSD.” As a good starting point, it is worth running basics such as framerate, GPU and memory temperature, GPU use, GPU voltage, and fan speed.
- The OSD will provide real-time information on the output of the GPU whenever you load up a game.
- You can also allocate a hotkey to turn the OSD on and off under the “On-Screen Display” tab under Settings. We recommend doing so and configuring it for quick access to an underused key such as “Attach” or the like.
- Click on ‘More’ at the bottom of the “On-Screen View” tab to load up RivaTuner Statistics Server if you want to get technical and configure the OSD to your taste.
How To Set A Fan Profile?
- Click on “Settings” at the bottom corner of the side. Press the “Fan” tab at the top of the settings window.
- Check at the top of the menu the option “Enable user-defined automatic fan control software,” which will allow you to tweak the fan curve below?
- From here, click on the curve anywhere to identify a new point. Then push it around according to your needs. Click on it to delete a curve point and press “Delete” on your keyboard.
- The other choices you may disregard, and they can stay untouched.
From here, setting the curve is a question of personal preference. We wouldn’t recommend anything other than 100% fan speed for temperatures above 70 to 80 degrees centigrade. As the risk of permanent damage rises incrementally with temperatures above this threshold. If your fans are consistently running loud even at low temperatures, the profiles are a great way to get away from some of the unnecessary noise. As a rule of thumb, caution is the way to go.
Visit our site to stay updated about games and gaming news.